Traditional vegetarian indian spicy lentil soup. It has a bright aroma and rich taste. The real gave - like a trip to India. Go.
|Products (6 servings)|
|Onions - 1 pc.|
|Medium Tomatoes - 3 pcs.|
|Fresh cilantro - 20 g|
|Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon|
|Red lentils, instant - 250 g|
|Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon|
|Ghee - 1 tbsp. a spoon|
|Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon|
|Carnation - 3 pcs.|
|Dry chili pepper - 2 pcs.|
|Mustard Seeds - 0.5 tsp|
|Caraway seeds - 1 teaspoon|
|Ginger grated - 1 tbsp. a spoon|
|Grated garlic - 1 tbsp. a spoon|
|Turmeric - 1 teaspoon|
|Curry - 1 tsp|
|Ground coriander - 1 teaspoon|
|Ground chili pepper - 1/2 tsp|
|Ground paprika - 1 teaspoon|
|Ground caraway seeds - 1 teaspoon|
|Ground Zira - 1 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida - 1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon|
|Sugar - 1 tsp|
|Salt - 2 teaspoons|
|Water - 700 ml|
Chop onions finely.
Grate garlic and ginger.
Melt vegetable and ghee in a saucepan, add caraway seeds, cloves, cinnamon, dry chili pepper, mustard seeds and fry for 1 minute.
Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, curry, coriander, ground chili pepper, paprika, ground caraway seeds, ground cumin, asafoetida and fry for 30 seconds.
Add chopped onions and fry for another 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and fry for another 1 minute.
Add sugar and salt, pour 700 ml of water, bring to a boil and close the lid. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
Add garam masala and lemon juice, mix everything and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Indian Dal (spicy lentil soup) is ready. Bon Appetit!
- red lentils: 1 cup,
- rice: 0.5 cups
- white onion: 1 head,
- clove garlic: 1 clove,
- ghee: 0.5 cups,
- hard cheese (any): 100 g,
- dried basil: 1 tsp,
- ground zira: 1 tsp,
- red pepper: 1 tsp.,
- curry: 1 tsp.,
- ginger: 1 tsp.,
- salt: to taste.
- Cooking time: 01:00
- Servings Per Container: 4-6
- Complexity: average
Lentil Dal or Dhal Soup is a vegetarian Indian dish that is a spicy boiled bean soup. Most often used red lentils with the addition of various spices and seasonings, served with flatbread. According to the recipe, it can be prepared from mung bean, soy, beans and chickpeas. Let's cook Indian red lentil soup with rice and cheese.
- First soak the red lentils for 4 hours, after washing several times. Water must be clear. Then drain the water. Pour into a saucepan, add washed rice, about 1.5 liters of water and cook over low heat for about 30-40 minutes.
pour the washed lentils into the pan
- Meanwhile, fry the onion with melted butter in a pan until transparent, toss the chopped garlic, all the spices and add a little salt. Stir for about ten seconds and remove from heat.
fry the onions in a pan
- Add the contents of the pan to lentils and rice in a pan, bring to a boil and remove. Puree with a hand blender.
mashed soup with a blender
- Indian lentil soup given with rice and cheese is ready. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and serve as a first course with chapati or bread.
lentil soup with cheese in a plate