How to use the blender correctly and keep the equipment in working condition for a long time? This question worries many housewives and hosts who plan to create delicious culinary masterpieces with the help of a new skillful assistant.
In this article we will discuss how to assemble and put into operation a blender, its device, the principle of operation and requirements for the care of kitchen appliances.
The configuration of the device depends on the principle of operation. The stationary blender includes a working base and a jug for loading products. Submersible models are more diverse. Here in a set with a working base there can be various nozzles: graters, whisks, choppers, mills.
Let's consider additional options more details:
- Glass for mixing. It is desirable that the utensils for mixing were with high sides. In open low containers, liquids will be sprayed and mix them qualitatively.
- The blender nozzle is used to prepare mashed soups, smoothies, baby food. Its functionality is similar to the capabilities of stationary models. The knives of such a nozzle can be removable and monolithic.
- The whisk attachment will help you whip cream for the cake or prepare a lush egg mass for meringues. It is indispensable for home confectioners and anyone who loves to pamper their households with delicious desserts.
- The chopper bowl is used as a meat grinder for the preparation of minced meat and is used to cut products for salad or home preservation. In terms of volume, they can be completely different: from compact 0.35 liters to spacious ones - 2.2 liters. A grater, a knife for chopping ice or slicing products can be attached to the bowl.
- The mill is used to grind harder products in small quantities. In it, you can quickly prepare a serving of freshly ground coffee or turn sugar into powder.
- The mashed potato nozzle will help you prepare a really tasty side dish, not an unpleasant paste. Plastic knives do not beat, but gently rub the potatoes, preserve its taste and attractive appearance.
In such devices, the engine is placed on a stand, on which a bowl is mounted on top. They are used to make cocktails, smoothies, sauces, mashed soups. Depending on the manufacturer and additional options, you can choose budget and expensive models.
The key advantage of the stationary blender is its autonomy. You don’t need to hold it in your hand and control the movement of mechanisms, and a tightly closed lid will protect against splashing of the contents of the bowl, which often happens with submersible blenders.
But he has several drawbacks:
- takes up more space in the kitchen, not so compact,
- practically has no additional functions,
- only one standard bowl is used for mixing.
Submersible models are much more compact and functional. They can not only grind in mashed potatoes, but also mix a batter with whisk, whip cream, rub and shred. Among the advantages of manual submersible models:
- Any dishes are suitable for work. Even puree soup is cooked right in the pan without extra effort.
- Models with a shredder function will help you quickly prepare a salad or chop vegetables for borsch. They are indispensable during the harvesting season.
- Whisk easily and conveniently whip the mass for pancake dough, raise cream or egg desserts.
- Despite the variety of nozzles, they can be stored separately and in any convenient place. Unassembled, they will take up no more space than a pot or pan.
You can find out how to use a submersible blender and all its nozzles from the description of a specific model. Technologies are constantly being improved, and manufacturers are creating more and more new ways to facilitate the process of preparing dishes and drinks.
How to assemble, turn on, turn off
For proper operation with a specific model, read the operating instructions. Some mechanisms are closed "until the click", others are twisted to the marks. To learn, for example, how to turn the Polaris blender on and off, you will only need instructions for this model. Ways to work with equipment from other manufacturers can damage the mechanisms and working parts of your device.
Before turning on the blender, make sure that all wires are intact, without damage. If you find strange behavior of the appliance, for example, the smell of burning during operation, rather disconnect the appliance from the mains and take it to a home appliance repair technician.
Important! Do not turn on the device if it seems to you that the bowl or nozzle is installed incorrectly, moving or sliding off the proper place.
All manipulations with knives and sharp objects are recommended to be performed before connecting the device to the network. Safety is something you should never forget. At the end of the work, wait until the mechanism stops, turn off the power, and only then remove or change the nozzles.
With speed change function work, it is worth starting with low power and gradually increasing speed. So the products are better chopped, and the mechanisms will not suffer from excessive loads.
All removable parts of the blender can be washed, including in the dishwasherUnless otherwise specified in the instructions for use. But the basic elements with electric motors must be protected from moisture. Contamination on them is easily removed with a damp cloth. After cleaning, completely dry all parts in contact with working machinery.
Important! Keep sharp knives and tips out of the reach of children.
Two types of device
To begin with, note that there are two main types of blender:
- submersible (chopper attached to the handle with the motor),
- stationary (with a bowl).
If you have purchased a submersible blender, then you can grind products into them in almost any capacity. It is very compact, multifunctional and allows you to grind boiled vegetables in a puree, beat the berries, chop meat and much more. This blender is convenient to use, and it is simply indispensable if you often cook smoothies, mashed soups, mayonnaise and pastes.
A stationary view requires a dedicated space in the kitchen, and you cannot place more or less food in it than is shown on the marks on the bowl. But the stationary blender does not need to be held in your hand, and it always closes tightly with a lid, so working with it is very simple. It loves to cook cocktails and sauces.
Let's take a closer look at how to use one and the second type blender. They have a lot in common, but there are some differences. It will also be useful to learn how to properly wash the blender and what to do to increase its life.
Observe safety precautions when working with blenders.. They will save your health and keep the equipment working for a long time:
- Do not place hot foods in the blender bowl. This can melt it and overload the motor.
- When downloading products, focus on the labels. There should not be too many or few ingredients in the bowl - choose the middle ground.
- When chopping fruit, pay particular attention to the absence of seeds. They can seriously damage the motor and equipment will fail.
- Do not open the bowl while the machine is operating. Wait for the full stop and only then add the necessary ingredients.
- If you want to grind too hard foods, such as roots, add dumb liquid (water, cream or other prescription liquids) to the bowl.
- Crush ice and frozen foods with extreme care. And in inexpensive and low-power models it is better not to load them at all. Grind coffee, beans, crackers only in special mills, if any, in the set.
Note. There are no strict rules for chopping food before setting up a blender. Cut the pieces into medium size, and the rest will be done for you by the selected nozzle.
Hand or hand blender
Manufacturers of most models are advised to use a blender to grind not too hard products. This means that crackers, coffee beans and frozen meat cannot be minced in a blender. However, there is one secret. If, according to the recipe, you need to achieve very small pieces of anything hard, for example, celery or horseradish roots, then you need to add a little liquid to the blender bowl.
Usually, a special bowl or glass is sold complete with a submersible blender, into which products can be loaded. If you decide to use a different container, then you need to remember that during the whipping and small slices, splashes will fly. This means that the pan or bowl should be deep enough so that you do not stain everything around in the kitchen.
- The minimum level of products loaded into the blender should be such that they cover the lower part of the leg, which cuts directly.
- Do not use the appliance to grind too hot, freshly cooked products. Be sure to wait until they cool, at least to 70-80 ° C.
- Before you beat the fruit, you need to check for seeds in them.
- If you do not know at what speed you need to work with a particular product, then start with a minimum, and then increase gradually.
- Do not try to make mashed potatoes on a blender, it will turn out tasteless, even if it beats well.
If the model of your blender has a nozzle in the form of a whisk, then it is used in order to beat the squirrels. The stationary blender cannot boast of such capabilities. You won’t succeed in achieving a strong whipping, such as with a mixer, but this will be enough to prepare a batter or a cocktail.
Features of using stationary models
Now let's talk a little about how to use a blender, which is a holistic design in which the bowl and engine are interconnected.
Everything is extremely simple here. The product must be cut into cubes and put into a bowl. After pressing the button, the knives that are in the bowl will grind everything to the desired size or beat. For such a blender in the kitchen you need to highlight a special place.
- Hot products cannot be loaded into the bowl, since it will quickly lose transparency or turn yellow. Especially this caution applies to plastic materials.
- You can’t load products under the very cover, stuff tightly or, on the contrary, throw a few pieces to the bottom without reaching the required minimum.
- If you have a small family of 2-3 people, then a bowl of 1 liter will be quite enough for you.
Each blender manufacturer advises to use the device only after reading the instructions and these are not just words. Knowing the features of your model, you will better imagine what kind of dishes you can cook. As a result, you will use the device more.
Now you know how to use the blender correctly, what rules should be followed in order to get the desired result and save the equipment from damage. Carefully read the instructions for use of the blender, observe safety precautions, then the kitchen assistant will serve you for many years.
Using various nozzles
Each blender can have several nozzles. Often the question arises, which nozzles can be used for what.
An immersion blender must have a main leg attachment. She mashed fruits, herbs, boiled vegetables and liver, mix the products in the preparation of sauces.
The package may include a whisk for beating eggs and a bowl with a small knife-mill, which allows you to chop nuts and grind meat and vegetables. Some models are equipped with interchangeable multi-function nozzles that allow you to cut pieces of different shapes. In this case, a real harvester appears in your kitchen.
The stationary blender can be equipped with a special nozzle that allows you to crack ice. If there is no such nozzle, then the device must not be used to grind frozen water or juice.
How to wash the blender properly after use
Any technical device requires cleaning, including a blender. The part in which the engine and speed switch is located must be wiped with a damp sponge. For obvious reasons, immersing it in water or putting it in a dishwasher is strictly prohibited.
The bowl and removable nozzles (whisk, knives, discs) can be washed in running water, that is, under the tap. The manufacturer does not recommend sending some models to the dishwasher, but in most cases this can be done, which greatly facilitates the process of cleaning the blender.
If greasy products are crushed, then you can use a liquid detergent, and then thoroughly rinse the parts, wipe and dry. Clean and dry parts are collected and placed in their place so that they can be used at any time.
Some stationary models have a self-cleaning (self-cleaning) function. It allows you to wash the device very quickly, efficiently and without problems. At the end of the procedure, you only need to pour water and wipe the device dry.