Attention:This article is intended for persons over 18 years of age.
The Grasshopper Cocktail is a Martini-style green mint cocktail, which includes a third of mint liquor, a third of chocolate liqueur, and a third of cream. Peppermint liquor can be unpleasant in taste if you drink it in its pure form, but when mixed with the rest of the ingredients, it gives the cocktail a pleasant peppermint flavor that is not too dominant against the general background. Garnish the Grasshopper with a mint shoot.
1. Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass through a strainer (bar strainer) so that the ice does not get into the glass. At home, you can use any available strainer.
4. Garnish with a mint leaf or grated chocolate.
5. For women, serve with a straw. To drink in small sips.
Alternative cocktail options. To make the Flying Grasshopper, just replace the cream with vodka. "Gray Grasshopper" is prepared by adding 20 ml of strong black coffee to the recipe.
Grasshopper cocktail: recipe and varieties
Grasshopper cocktail (the English name Grasshopper) has only the name of its representative and the color in which it differs with the insect world. This pleasant dessert drink with a mint sweetish flavor has a small fortress, which is why the fair sex is very fond of it. But among men, he is no less popular.
The Grasshopper cocktail recipe is very simple and does not require any exotic ingredients and special devices. And most importantly, during the cooking process, not a single insect will suffer. Consider how to independently make this light strong alcohol.
Recommendations before cooking
To make the Grasshopper cocktail tasty and properly served, pay attention to the following tips:
- For the original green color, use mint liquor with a bright emerald hue and transparent, colorless cocoa liquor with a taste of white chocolate. The best option is products from Bols or De Kuyper,
- Include only fresh cream with a small percentage of fat content (10-11%). Do not replace them with home ones - they have a large fat content and sometimes a specific smell. It can greatly affect the finished alcohol,
- Serving is carried out in special cocktail glasses for martini, resembling an overturned cone on a long thin leg,
- Ready liquid dish is decorated with grated dark chocolate or small leaves of fresh mint,
- It is recommended to drink alcohol after a meal to improve digestion. You need to drink this alcoholic drink through a tube in small sips in order to fully experience the insanely gentle taste and get a blissful pleasure.
Classic Grasshopper Cocktail Recipe
All ingredients are mixed in a 1: 1: 1 ratio.
- Cream, green mint and cocoa liquor - 30 ml each
- Ice in cubes - 100 g,
- Mint leaf for decoration.
Step by step recipe with photo:
- Pour ice cubes into a shaker,
- Add all liquid components and mix vigorously. But you don’t have to overdo it, otherwise the cream can curl up,
- Pour the contents into a chilled special martini glass through a bar strainer (it has the name steiner). This is to prevent particles of ice from falling into the glass. At home, you can use any other strainer, for example, for brewing,
- Make the decoration on top with a mint leaf or chocolate chips. Serve with a straw.
Grasshopper Cocktail Alternative Options
The classic version fell in love with many people around the world, so the bartenders began to experiment and developed several more varieties of the drink.
- Option with gin: cooking is carried out step by step from similar ingredients and in the same proportions as in the previous instruction. The only change is the addition of 10 ml of gin. It turns out to be a fairly strong alcoholic drink, which is more suitable for men,
- Green grasshopper - in this variation, the same amount of vodka is used instead of cream. Ice is put in a glass at the end of preparation, and not laid out in a shaker when mixed,
- Frozen Grasshopper - the preparation scheme involves the inclusion of mint ice cream. It is either added to the glass, or mixed in a shaker with the rest of the ingredients,
- High Grasshopper - specific hemp vodka is added, giving the alcohol a new taste and aroma,
- Brown Grasshopper - 30 ml of espresso is added to the classic composition.
There are non-alcoholic variations of the drink. In them, liquors are changed to similar syrups, and the amount of cream is doubled.
Experiment with the ingredients, taking the original recipe as a basis, and then you can choose for yourself and your guests your own unique combination.