Sooner or later, we all think about our diet: problems with weight, skin, and health in general make us open our refrigerator and skeptically examine its contents. We ask ourselves the questions “what to exclude from the diet?” And “how can I start eating right?”, We are looking for our way to a healthy and beautiful body.
Meanwhile, a healthy and proper diet is not a strict, exhausting diet, not a mockery of the body and not deprivation of its joys, it is just a series of rules under which you can radically change yourself, find new good habits, a beautiful figure and significantly extend your life.
Our body is a reflection of what we eat
It's no secret that obesity has become a huge problem of modern people - we move less, consume a large amount of fatty foods, high-calorie sauces, sweets. There are endless temptations everywhere, and manufacturers compete who will offer another super-product against which no consumer can resist. The result of this race can be observed on the streets of any metropolis - according to statistics, almost every second inhabitant of developed countries is overweight. Obesity, unfortunately, leads to problems not only in aesthetics and self-esteem, but also in serious consequences for the body: the risk of many diseases is directly proportional to the amount of excess weight. Diabetes, heart problems, gastrointestinal tract, with reproductive function - this is only a small part of the possible diseases that arise when diet is not followed.
The good news is that over the past years, concern for the state of your body has begun to become fashionable: more and more calls are made by the government and public organizations, organic and dietary products appear on store shelves, and tips on how to eat are distributed in the press .
The basics of a healthy diet, or how to eat right
When compiling a healthy diet menu, you should remember a few general rules: firstly, you need to eat often and in small portions. It is most convenient to have a small plate in which a handful the size of a handful is placed. No need to be afraid of hunger! A healthy diet involves 5-6 meals per day. It is also good to train yourself to eat at the same time - this stabilizes the stomach and will contribute to weight loss.
The second important rule is to remember calories. There is no need to scrupulously calculate them throughout life every time after eating, just a week or two to follow your diet, and the habit of automatically "figure out" the calorie content of food will appear by itself. Everyone has their own calorie norm; for example, you can find out using a special calculator that can be easily found on the Internet. For example, a woman of 30 years old, weighing 70 kg with an increase of 170 cm and a little physical activity per day needs about 2000 kcal. To lose weight, you need to consume 80% of the calories from the norm, that is, in our example, about 1600 kcal per day. Additionally, there is no point in cutting the diet - the body simply slows down the metabolism, and there is more harm from such a diet than good.
Rule three - we maintain a balance between “income” and “expenses”, that is, the energy that is spent by the body on basic metabolism, work, exercise, and caloric intake. Food includes four main components: proteins, fats, carbohydrates and dietary fiber - all of them are necessary for our body. The only question is which of them (fats and carbohydrates are different), in what quantities and proportions to consume. Approximate recommended indicators - 60 g of fat, 75 g of protein, 250 g of carbohydrates and 30 g of fiber. The fourth rule is to drink water. Often we do not want to eat, just our body takes a lack of fluid for hunger and makes us eat what is not really needed. One and a half and more liters of pure drinking water will help get rid of pseudo-hunger, make skin firmer, improve the general condition of the body, and accelerate the metabolism.
And the fifth rule - choose products wisely. Read the labels, composition and calorie content of foods, exclude fast food, mayonnaise sauces, foods with chemical additives, preservatives, dyes from the diet. You must know what you eat, and then the path to beauty and health will be quick and enjoyable.
We will try to answer the eternal question "what to eat to lose weight?". The main thing when creating a menu for a healthy diet is to maintain a balance between expenses and consumed products.
So, be sure to include in your diet a healthy diet for every day:
- cereals, in the form of cereals and granola, rich in slow carbohydrates that will provide our body with energy,
- fresh vegetables (cabbage, carrots) provide the body with dietary fiber - fiber,
- legumes - a rich source of vegetable protein, especially necessary for those who rarely or do not eat meat,
- nuts, especially walnuts and almonds, have a beneficial effect on the whole body and are a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3, trace elements,
- dairy products: natural yogurts (without added sugar), kefir, low-fat cottage cheese provide calcium and improve the digestive tract,
- marine fish contains protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids,
- fruits and berries - a storehouse of vitamins, heal the skin and protect the body from diseases,
- lean meat - chicken breast, rabbit, beef - a source of protein.
Of the drinks, it is recommended to drink mineral water, chicory, smoothies, green tea and natural freshly squeezed juices, preferably vegetable.
Useful products should not contain preservatives, artificial colors, palm oil. Pickles are better to limit - you can treat yourself to them from time to time, but do not get carried away.
If you have a problem of excess weight, then you should completely refuse sugar, even if you are a sweet tooth and can’t do it without a cup of sweet coffee in the morning - sugar substitutes will solve this problem. Do not be afraid of them, high-quality substitutes on a natural basis are harmless, practically do not contain calories and taste good.
Under the strict ban!
We decided on useful products, let's look at a list of foods that are incompatible with a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition:
- Sweet carbonated drinks. They do not quench thirst, irritate the gastric mucosa, as a rule, contain a monstrous amount of sugar - about 20 g in each glass, artificial colors and flavors, preservatives.
- Deep fried food. French fries, chips, crackers and everything that is fried in a large amount of oil should be deleted from the diet. Carcinogens, lack of nutrients and fat - not what a healthy body needs.
- Burgers, hot dogs. All such dishes contain a mixture of white bread, fatty sauces, the incomprehensible origin of meat, kindle seasoning appetite and a lot of salt. What do we get as a result? A real high-calorie “bomb” that instantly turns into folds on the body and does not carry any nutritional value.
- Mayonnaise and similar sauces. Firstly, they completely hide the natural taste of food under spices and additives, forcing them to eat more, and secondly, almost all mayonnaise sauces from the store - almost pure fat, generously seasoned with preservatives, flavorings, stabilizers and other harmful substances.
- Sausages, sausages and semi-finished meat products. No clarification is needed at this point - just read the product label. And this is only official data! Remember that under the items “pork, beef” in the composition most often hide the skin, cartilage, fat that you would hardly have eaten if you hadn’t been so skillfully processed and beautifully packaged.
- Energy drinks. They contain a loading dose of caffeine in combination with sugar and high acidity, plus preservatives, dyes and many other components that should be avoided.
- Instant Lunch. Noodles, mashed potatoes and similar mixtures, which are enough to pour boiling water, instead of nutrients contain a large amount of carbohydrates, salt, spices, flavor enhancers and other chemical additives.
- Flour and sweet. Yes, our favorite sweets are one of the most dangerous foods. The problem is not only in high calorie content: the combination of flour, sweet and fat multiplies the damage several times and instantly affects the figure.
- Packaged juices. Vitamins and other beneficial substances almost completely disappear during processing. What can be the benefit of a concentrate diluted with water and flavored with a fair amount of sugar?
- Alcohol. Enough has been said about its harm to the body, we only once again note that alcohol contains calories, increases appetite, interferes with the absorption of nutrients, and if the minimum doses are not observed, it slowly destroys the body, because ethanol is a cellular poison.
Switching to a balanced healthy diet will not be a burden if you follow simple recommendations.
Firstly, do not torment yourself with hunger. If you feel uncomfortable, eat an apple, some nuts, dried fruits or granola.
Secondly, drink a lot and choose healthy drinks. It contributes to weight loss chicory - it suppresses hunger due to the large number of fibers in the composition, has a beneficial effect on the body. Green tea is also beneficial, especially with ginger.
Diversify the diet! The more different healthy foods you consume, the more the body receives various trace elements, vitamins, amino acids.
If you really want something forbidden - eat it for breakfast. Of course, it’s better to give up harmful products at all, but at first it helps to think that sometimes you can still treat yourself.
The less unnatural constituents in food, the better. If you want to eat healthy products, it’s better to choose a piece of meat instead of sausage, fresh vegetables instead of canned ones, and muesli instead of buns.
We make the menu “Healthy nutrition”
How to start eating right? First of all, you need to find out how many calories your body needs. Let's say it's 2000 kcal daily. In order to lose weight, you need to use 1600 kcal per day, distributing them to 5-6 meals.
So, let's make a healthy food menu for every day:
Breakfast. It should be rich in slow carbohydrates and proteins, it can include:
- oatmeal porridge, granola or cereal bread,
- kefir, unsweetened yogurt or a slice of cheese.
Second meal - light snack between breakfast and lunch:
- any fruit whose weight is approximately 100-200 grams, or some nuts, dried fruits,
- 100 grams of cottage cheese or unsweetened yogurt.
Dinner should be the most powerful meal of the day:
- 100 grams of buckwheat or brown rice, pasta from durum flour. You can add carrots, onions, peppers to the dish,
- boiled chicken breast,
- A salad of fresh vegetables seasoned with yogurt, a little soy sauce or flaxseed, olive oil.
High tea , between lunch and dinner - another easy meal:
- A small fruit or a glass of freshly squeezed juice, better from vegetables.
Dinner - light and tasty:
- 100-200 grams of lean beef, rabbit, turkey, chicken, fish or legumes,
- Salad of cabbage, carrots and other fiber-rich vegetables.
And finally a couple of hours before bedtime:
- A glass of yogurt, chicory or unsweetened drinking yogurt.
Throughout the day, in unlimited quantities, you can drink water, green tea and chicory drinks with natural extracts of wild rose, ginger or ginseng.
Serving volumes are approximate and will depend on individual parameters - the daily calorie intake, weight loss rate and other individual factors. In any case, it is better to consult a nutritionist.
Probably everyone knows and remembers the expression: "You are what you eat." You can eat a piece of grilled steak, but prefer stew. It will be more useful. Now for those who decide to normalize their nutrition, a few tips:
- The amount of calories consumed should be equal to the calories consumed.
- How to eat in order to be healthy? The menu should contain: sixty percent carbohydrates, twenty five percent fat, and only fifteen percent protein.
- The ideal food option is separate.
- Eat plenty of seasonal foods. In the summer - vegetables, fruits, berries. In winter - cereals and root crops. At any time of the year are allowed: dairy products, meat and fish.
- Try to eat out only during daylight hours.
- Only freshly prepared food.
- Periodically dispose of toxins and toxins. A great option is to do a fasting day every week. You can "sit" on cucumbers, kefir, apples.
Health needs water
If you ask yourself the question of how to learn how to eat properly in order to be healthy, then you understand that a person does not live in order to eat, but rather, eats in order to live. But you need to start with ordinary water. Most likely, you heard that at least two liters should be drunk per day. A sufficient amount of fluid allows the body to live normally. In order not to forget to use the "life-giving moisture", you need to develop a habit. Start with a simple one: take a container, you can a bottle (half a liter). Pour water into it. On a mobile phone, download a special program or simply set an alarm so that it rings every hour. A signal sounded - take out a container of liquid and take three sips. Even if you are not thirsty, drink it anyway. In this way, “love” for drinking water is developed.
Be patient for twenty-one days, and then the hand itself will reach for a bottle.
Remember: tea, coffee, juices do not count. Only clean water.
Wandering in search of an answer to the question of how to eat properly in order to be healthy, do not forget about such a moment as the frequency of food intake. There has long been a debate on the topic "Eat after eighteen hours or not?". We will talk about this and much more at the moment.
Is it possible to fall asleep if the stomach "asks" to eat? Unlikely. Of course, there are people among us who can silence him, but is it worth it? It is best if the last meal is three hours before bedtime. But it should not be a pan of fried potatoes or meat. You should not be limited to a piece of bread. Try to make dinner light but balanced.
How to eat properly in order to be healthy, if you mean the frequency of food intake? Three times a day is not enough, especially for those who work. There must be snacks every three hours. It is desirable that these were products:
- With a lot of soluble fiber: fruits, vegetables, legumes.
- Protein products - cheeses, eggs, fish and others.
- Nuts and yogurt without sugar and additives.
- Dried fruits and salads.
Another factor affects diet. This is age.
Twenty to thirty years
You are young, healthy, metabolic processes proceed intensively. There are no problems with excess weight. These are positive points. The negative include: malnutrition, nightly entertainment, alcohol and smoking. All this negatively affects the body, and it begins to hurt.
The question of how to eat properly in order to be healthy at this age can be answered as follows:
- No long diets, especially low protein diets. They lead to a decrease in muscle mass. Calories begin to be deposited in fat.
- The diet should contain seventy percent of animal protein and thirty - vegetable. The most useful protein is found in dairy products, meat, fish, and eggs. It is advisable that at least something from this set be included in your daily menu. Remember: meat should be lean, any fish will do.
- Pay special attention to carbohydrates. Thanks to them, we are energetic and strong. Complex carbohydrates are helpful. These include: cereals, whole grain bread. Simple, but very tasty carbohydrates - sugar, cookies, sweets and more, should account for only ten percent of the required amount of organic compound. The norm is sixty percent of the energy value of the diet.
Fats and trace elements in 20 years
We continue the conversation about how to eat properly in order to be healthy at the age of twenty to thirty years.
Do not forget about fats. Most metabolic processes occur only thanks to them. Vitamins will also not be absorbed, because they are involved in the structure of the cell membrane and the functioning of the gallbladder. The function of fats is energy and protective. But do not abuse this element of nutrition. At the age of twenty to thirty years, twenty-five grams of saturated fat and eleven polyunsaturated are enough.
At this age, the body must be fully provided with minerals and vitamins. A sufficient number of them is the key to uninterrupted operation of the body in the future.
Отдавайте предпочтение продуктам, содержащим в достаточном количестве магний, цинк, хром, кальций, а также витамины группы В. Последних много содержится в овощах и фруктах. Однако без сбалансированных витаминно-минеральных комплексов обойтись невозможно.
Питание в возрасте от тридцати до сорока пяти лет
It's never too late to start a healthy lifestyle. How to eat between the ages of thirty and forty years, so that health does not disappoint in the future?
During this period, metabolic processes begin to slow down. Stress, sedentary work, responsibility for family and friends, low physical activity, violation of the diet - everything makes itself felt. Overweight appears, health problems begin.
After thirty-five years, it is necessary to reduce the calorie intake. The body begins to spend less energy, muscle mass decreases by one percent annually.
Protein should be an important component of the menu, you should not forget about it. The amount of fat, especially animals, must be reduced. This also applies to simple carbohydrates. The diet should include more fruits, vegetables, salads.
By the age of forty-five, many people develop chronic diseases. The menu should be made depending on them. Some will have to limit the use of salt and spices, while others will have to give up sugar.
Food should be fractional, portions - small.
Food for those over forty-five
At this age, the hormonal background changes. The body begins to accumulate fluid. Excess calories quickly turn into fat. Especially women during this period should give preference to a healthy diet. How to eat, let's talk now. The main rule for creating a menu is a limited amount of fat and carbohydrates. The diet should include: fish, dairy products, legumes, spicy greens, garlic, vegetable oils.
For normal bowel function, include in the menu: yogurt, feta cheese, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, onions. Do not forget about products such as sauerkraut, homemade pickles, cooked without vinegar, soaked apples.
Pineapple, papaya, kiwi will help fight fats. When dressing salads, give preference to lemon juice, apple cider vinegar.
There is no way to do without multivitamins.
A woman should refuse herself much in this age period. The ovaries produce less estrogen, and it is known to protect against excess weight. It is advisable to abandon salt or reduce its quantity, not to abuse bakery products. It is recommended to give preference to vegetables and fruits.
What to cook
Now let's talk in more detail about how to eat right. Let's try to make the menu.
Tip - paint a sample menu for the week. Remember that breakfast should account for two-thirds of the daily intake of carbohydrates, protein - one third, fat - one fifth.
For lunch, no one forces you to eat the first, second and third. The main thing is that the products are combined. Dinner should be light but satisfying. It is advisable to have dinner three hours before bedtime.
In addition to the main meals, there should also be snacks:
- The second breakfast is a snack before dinner. Commonly used: fresh fruits, dried fruits, nuts, cottage cheese.
- Snack - at sixteen hours. Suitable tea with a sandwich, cocoa, pancakes.
- End of the day - dairy products: fermented baked milk, kefir.
Do not forget to cook salads. There should be a lot of them. Every day you can come up with something new. Vegetables and fruits can be seasoned with a choice: vegetable oil, spicy dressing, sauce, natural yogurt. Specialists-nutritionists offer an original scheme. All products for salads are divided into several groups. Combining products from these groups, you can eat delicious salads every day. We’ll talk about this.
Thanks to the scheme proposed by nutritionists, salads will be on your table every day, and for a whole week they will be varied. This table will help you in the preparation of the menu.
Sweet or sour
Dressing (one to two teaspoons)
Turkey or chicken cooked and cut into small pieces
Fresh herbs (parsley, dill, basil)
Tuna or salmon. Can be pickled or smoked
Baked eggplant, a small slice
Lettuce or spinach
Broccoli, slightly fried
Rye or wheat crackers
Grapefruit or orange
Canned Beans or Lentils
Now you know how to eat in order to be healthy. It remains only to follow these rules, gain strength of will. Remember, what you eat in your youth can negatively affect your health in the future.
Do not immediately abandon the new lifestyle. It takes only twenty-one days to change your habits. Try it and you will succeed.